Chemical Developments Pty. Ltd. (Port Stephens, NSW) in 1996 developed a building material that looks, feels and wears exactly like natural stone, yet comes in liquid form, right from a can.
Megatreat Liquid Stone is a revolutionary high-quality building material that has all the qualities of natural stone because it’s made with natural stone. Megatreat is a flexible material that will not crack, is super economical, easy to use on any type of horizontal or vertical surface, and can be tinted or textured to a wide range of finishes.
The high-grade natural sandstone, terracotta and limestone have a unique combination of stone aggregates and an acrylic-based crosslink polymer. It has been designed for both interior and exterior applications, for vertical and horizontal surfaces, in residential as well as commercial properties.
Cover that surface to give a cement rendered look.
Right from the can, with no mixing or measuring, Megatreat can be spread, brushed, bagged, trowelled or sprayed onto almost any surface. For example; pebblecrete, concrete, slate, tiles, brick, wood, plastic, steel, wrought iron, glass, asphalt, fibro, blue board, hardiflex and laminates. For example: walkways, wall, roofs, floors, bench tops, pots, pool surrounds, patios, driveways, ceramics, even styro-foam planters.
These products can be coloured using a non-organic pigment or paint tint from your local paint store. These should be stirred in slowly to achieve the best effect. After application, simple finishing techniques can be used to create a wide range of natural stone and masonry results. It can be used in place of wallpaper, paint or panelling. Megatreat can be applied to achieve an effect that looks and feels like real stone.
There are four types of Megatreat Liquid Stone products:-
- Liquid Sandstone: 3 natural colours – Natural, Sydney White and Desert Gold. Also the stock Tinted Charcoal Grey
- Liquid Terracotta: Real Terracotta
- Liquid Limestone:White and stock tinted Concrete Grey
- Textured Primer Coat: White and Tintable (filler for pebblecrete, rough surfaces and/or joint colour.
Megatreat Natural, Satin or Gloss Sealers, are applied once the Liquid Stone is dry (around 24 hours after application). These tried and proven range of sealers are easily applied, wash up in water and have no offensive smells. A slip resistant additive can be mixed in to the Satin and Gloss sealers for pool surrounds, shop floors and bathrooms. The long lasting sealers give up to 5 years protection.
All of these products have been thoroughly tested by C.S.I.R.O. in Australia and Marshall Laboratories in the U.S.A. They passed all tests for flexibility, strength, fire resistance, ultra-violet light, crack resistant and mould resistant. These products are environmentally friendly, and wash up in water. Because of its advanced polymer base Megatreat products can flex with variations of temperature and moisture.
Features and Benefits Summary:
- Looks, feels and wears like natural stone
- Lower cost than traditional natural stone and masonry products
- Easy to use straight from the can, fast and easy to apply
- Works on virtually any surface, vertical or horizontal, inside and outside
- Original product will not fade
- Lifetime warranty because it is extremely durable and crack-resistant
- Maximum colour and texture flexibility with high-quality results
- Environmentally safe, fire retardant, mould resistant
- Around 8,000 Litres of Megatreat Liquid Stone has been applied to the “Nemo Ride” at Disneyland Anaheim California.
T: 02 4982 2877