The roof can be seen as a “silent guardian” for the home and family. As a first line of defence against wild weather, excessive noise and extreme temperatures, it is important to ensure it is in the best condition year-round. Boral Roofing advises that owners of homes more than 25 years old are recommended to pay particular attention to the roof, especially if the original materials are still in place. If the roof is not properly looked after, it can become damaged over time, sarking can become ineffective and overall roof performance can deteriorate.
Boral recommends using a qualified roofing Tradie to conduct a 7-step roof check comprising:
- Checking the roof for any cracked tiles, tile displacement or debris build-up.
- Checking old cement mortar bedding.
- Checking flashings, gutters and downpipes.
- Checking whether sarking is installed as a barrier against dust, storms and bushfires.
- Checking for sufficient ventilation to remove hot or damp air.
- Checking for the need to re-insulate the ceiling with bulk insulation.
- Assessing the need to replace individual tiles, re-spray or re-roof and sarking.
Boral can provide a list of local roofing Tradies from its network of preferred suppliers.
T: 1300 360 255