The chic bold colours and evocative designs of the retro era are set for a revival in interiors and lighting in 2016, according to Australian lighting company Brilliant Lighting. Lighting can be used to sharpen and add interest to a neutral home. A statement can be made simply by hanging a pendant at eye level asymmetrically; or you can create an eclectic feel by installing a cluster of lights. Brilliant Lighting products are available at Bunnings from $31 to $200. Here are some of their latest products.
- CLYDE. This large matte metal pendant brings a retro style to any room. The chalkiness of the black softens the bold colours of this era. The Clyde [$125.50] makes the perfect addition to a kitchen or living area.
- REEVES. Constructed in metal with a black finish, the Reeves table lamp [$59.98] is a stand out piece that brings a hint of retro to any bedside table or living area.
- MAISON. Five is better than one with this metal mesh cluster pendant. With rounded lines and an antique brass finish this pendant [$200] is ideal for a retro-style kitchen or living area.
- ORLEANS. Fashioned with metal mesh, this retro-feel pendant [$49.98] comes in a black, chrome or antique brass finish.
- JACOBSEN. With bold wooden legs and matte black shade, the Jacobsen [$299, available only from specialist lighting stores] is the epitome of retro chic bringing a touch of fashion to any room.
- ANDY. The Andy suspension kit [$31.25] brings an unexpected hint of retro glamour to any room. The subtle aluminium, black or gold finishes of the fixture won’t detract from other statement pieces.
T: 03 9765 2555