Sometimes the smallest project can make the biggest difference, especially if the area you’re sprucing up is at the front of your property. The garage door is one of the most visible external features of your home but weather and frequent use can often cause the paint to peel, or otherwise appear worn and weathered. A fresh coat of Hammerite Garage Door Paint [750ml priced at $34.75] can give your garage door a whole new lease of life and brighten the entire exterior of your home. Not only will this quick and easy project spruce up the front of the home, it will protect your garage door against rust for many years. Here’s what you’ll need before beginning the project:
- wire brush or sandpaper;
- dishwashing detergent;
- Hammerite Garage Door Paint;
- newspaper or drop-sheet ;
- and paint brush
And here’s Hammerite’s recommended method:
- Remove rust and loose paint with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper.
- Using water and a diluted detergent wash down thoroughly to remove all dust, grease and dirt that may prevent the paint from sticking to the surface. Rinse with clean water.
- Place a drop-sheet or newspaper around the surrounding area to catch any spills or drips.
- Ensure the garage door is completely dry before painting.
- For best results apply 2 coats of Hammerite Garage Door Paint. Apply second coat after 16 hours.
T: 1300 745 536