Dulux Paints say that a fresh coat of paint on your doors, windows and fences can be all your home needs to give it a new lease of life. In a world where first impressions are everything, the paint work on the exterior of your home can make a huge difference to its overall aesthetic. Giving your exterior a quick and cost-effective update is easy with a few spare hours. Whether you want to go bright with a jewelled tone; dramatic with a darker shade; or friendly and welcoming with a warm terracotta tone such as Dulux® Very Terracotta; a fresh coat of paint on the front door will elevate the mood and style of your home. To give your door a fresh twist, consider also updating it with a new knocker, handle or letterbox opening.
- Gather your painting supplies: Dulux Aquanamel® in your chosen colour(s); Dulux 1Step® Prep; drop sheet; high quality synthetic brush for cutting in; 400 grit sandpaper; painter’s tape; and old cloths.
- After sanding down the surface, wipe down thoroughly then apply one coat of Dulux 1Step® Prep.
- Allow 2 hours to dry then commence painting by cutting in around the edges of the door using Dulux Aquanamel®.
- Apply Dulux Aquanamel® to the surface using short brush strokes, starting with the inner panels and working your way out.
- Once you’ve completed an area, while the paint is still wet, lightly smooth over the painted section with long brush strokes. But don’t overdo or reload the brush; a few brush strokes will smooth the surface.
- Allow 2 hours to dry then give the surface a light sand with 400 grit sandpaper.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second and final coat.
Photo Credit: Dulux Australia
T: 13 25 25